Sunday, November 29, 2020

Introduction to Jonah Study

To Whoever Comes to this Study,

For the next few weeks I hope to use this place/blog to communicate with whoever desires to study the book of Jonah, chapter by chapter with me. 

Each week I plan to:

  • examine one chapter of Jonah  by diving into the text.  Prayerfully asking God to lead me/us as we immerse ourselves in Jonah's world. (Puns intended!)😉
  • we will examine the facts of the book of Jonah, the character of the human protagonist (warts and all), his everchanging circumstances and how the Sovereign God of all creation - The LORD - reveals Himself through it all.
Expect to :
  • come face to face with the LORD as we read the Bible - His Word to us.   [BTW - If you have the desire to read anything in the Bible, it is because The LORD has laid that desire on your heart.  He is calling out to you!] 
  • not  only read the Bible, but expect to be READ by it.


I'm not a Bible scholar.  I am a redeemed sinner who completely trusts  Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God.  I have diligently read and studied God's Word for the past thirty years.  As a young adult I had the marvelous privilege of attending the Philadelphia College of Bible and learned just enough  hermeneutics,  exegesis, and Greek  to keep me mindful of the gravity of rightly dividing God's Word and the danger of misrepresenting what the LORD has said.

I begin this study with fear and trembling, excitement and trepidation, and confidence that if this study helps anyone it is because the LORD  has used it for His purposes.  To HIM be all glory!



No comments:

Post a Comment